Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cosplay Shoot: Captain America



~Inspiring~

 
So shortly after Otakon 2012, I was on a cosplay high, and decided to attempt my first at home cosplay photo shoot. So with Loelle behind the camera, I threw on my Captain America cosplay and hit my local park to take some pictures! Now, as soon as I walked outside, I knew I had made a bit of a mistake. It was at least 90 degrees and my face was literally melting off! But I had already did my makeup and put on my costume and I didn't want to call it a day after all that. So in the sweltering heat, we trudged to the park. Once again, we hit a road block. There was a birthday party going on at the park's pavilion. So, we quietly walked to a set of rocks in the back of the park and tried taking some ~inspiring~ photos there while we waited.

                  BUT OH THE LOOKS! Now, as a con-goer, I'm not new to confused looks for non con-goers when, say, you go downtown to local McDonald's for a quick bite before returning to the con. But even then, there's usually a handful of others cosplayers there with you, or down the street that you can find confidence in. In this case, I was all by myself...just being stared at. I wish I had a cool story about how some little kid who was a big Cap fan came up to me and asked for my picture...but no:/  However, I was able to over it...eventually. When the party finally calmed down, we finally  utilized the whole park!


 
Tips for next time I do a photo shoot:
 
1) Check the weather (it was SOOO HOOOTTT)
 
2) Make sure my camera's fully charged with back-up batteries (waitng for your camera to charge in the middle of the shoot is no fun.)
 
3) Practice posing/ poses (I had a brain fart like half way through, and kept doing the same ones)
 
4) Choose a good location. (I got some good shots at the park but I probably could have found a place that fit Captain America a little better.)
 
5) BRING WATER/ non messy snacks (I was so hungry/thirsy afterwards!)
 
Overall, it was a fun expirence and I can't wait to try it again!
 
-RCUJay

 

No comments:

Post a Comment