Tuesday, July 30, 2013

No New Cons, No No No.



    So this summer is turning out to suck for me convention wise. Since January I had it all perfectly planned out; in June I would attend Colossalcon for the first time, and in August I'd head down to Baltimore for my annual Otakon shenanigans! I mean, that's not too much to ask. It's only two cons right? Unfortunately, none of my plans will be coming to fruition this summer. In May, I had to cancel my Colossalcon plans as I realized the event coincided with my graduation and its mandatory practices. And early on in June, I found out my family's annual summer vacation took place the same week as Otakon. Now, I can't really complain. After all, I am going to the "Most Magical Place on Earth!" (That's their catchphrase, right?) But I have to admit, I'm a bit disappointed. Not only is going to Otakon a tradition for me, but this year is the con's 20th anniversary, and they are really  pulling out all the stops to make this a memorable event. Some of my favorite voice actors will be there like Cristina Vee (who I totally stan for), Crispin Freeman, and the Vic Mignogna! And HOMEMADE FREAKING KAZOKU WILL BE HOLDING A CONCERT! LIKE, WUT? ASDFGHJK!
...But I digress. Anyway last year I went and had a total blast! I took so many pictures and videos and vlogged so much but...wait. WHERE ARE THESE VLOGS! They're not on my channel, they're not on my tumblr, what happened? Well shortly after the convention, I lost the SD card that everything was on ;-;. But guess what? A couple days ago, I found it!!! So ladies and gentlemen I ask you to join me as I take a stroll down memory lane~
The Cosplay
Me as Fem! Captain America
   
    Otakon 2012 mark the first Otakon in which I cosplayed! Now, I originally had planned four cosplays: Fem!Captain America, Human! Rainbow Dash, Sailor! Robin, and Fire Nation! Katara! Looking back now, I was a bit ambitious ^^'. Anyway, I ended up only wearing two; Rainbow Dash on Friday night and
 Captain America all Saturday.  I planned on participating in the MLP photo shoot that took place on Friday, but got my scheduele mixed up and ended up missing up it. However, Captain America was a huge success! I was really suprised at how many people stopped and asked me for my picture. Especially since I had started making this cosplay only two days before the con. It probably had something to do with the avengers craze going on at the time but I was still really happy people liked it so much! (Although, I still have yet to receive any photos of it ^^'). 
  As for the cosplay I saw, A+ as usual:




The Panels
   During this time, I was really abridge crazy, so I had a quite a bit of panels on my agenda. Usually, I don't go to many panels (at least I don't plan for them) so all the waiting in line was kind of a pain...
                                                                                                                                                                    

 But, was worth it! My favorite panel was the Abridge panel [duh]. It was a panel of different abridgers, including little Kuriboh, and they all just answered questions and told stories about their adventures as abridgers. Even though I don't plan on becoming one anytime soon, it was really insightful. I also caught both the Friday night and Saturday night abridge showcase and got to see some new abridged talent!

Dealers Room
Too poor for that this year.

Downtown Baltimore
So this year, I spent a large amount of time walking around downtown Baltimore, as opposed  being in the actual convention center. First off, I had to take some time out to search the shops for white tights to complete my Fem! Cap (talk about procrastination). I also had lunch at Johnny Rockets on Saturday which was delicious! Our waiter was so adorable and nice which was just an added bonus!

I've become one of those hipsters who take pictures of their food

And what's Otakon without the ice cold water guy! See you guys in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment