Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Best Abridgers of All Time.


Little Kuriboh's Yu-gi-oh Abridged

   These days, for every even remotely popular anime, there's a corresponding abridge series for it. What is an abridge series you ask? Well, it's basically when some creative genius gives a comedic take on episodes by dubbing over them with an original script, and shortening them drastically in length. Despite my boring complicated explanation, they are really awesome and funny! So I thought it would be fun to countdown some of my favorite ones that I think you guys should check out!


Yu-Gu-Oh: The abridged series    (by Little Kuriboh)

Easily one of the most popular and well known abridged series, Yu-gi-oh abridged is on the top of my recommended list. I honestly didn't like Yu-gi- oh that much when I watched it growing up, but this sparked a whole new appreciation for the original series in me. Little Kuriboh picks fun at the show in a way only a true fan could and the personalities he creates for each character manages to be creative and funny. Honestly at this point I think his abridged series is more quoted and referenced than the actual series itself.  



Naruto Abridged (by Little Kuriboh)


Naruto abridged is a mess. A sweet wonderful mess. I remember watching the first episode and laughing so hard. I think it' safe to say if you're a current anime fan, you probably have watched Naruto at some point in your life, and this abridged series pokes fun at almost everything you've probably questioned about the anime series; why is Naruto english voice so scruffy, why does Sasuke looks so emo, why is Sakura so useless? Not to mention all the random running jokes including that fact that Kakashi may or may not be David Bowie.



DBZ Abridged (by Team Four Star)


DBZ abridged is one of my favorite abridged series because the script is so well written. Unlike most abridged series, whose main goal seems to be to fit as many jokes in an episode as possible, DBZ abridged also holds a cohesive plot to high importance. Honestly it's kind of like a sillier version of the DBZ, and even if you have never watched the original DBZ, you could still understand what's going on.


Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged (by Lanipator)

Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged is also another abridged series that manages to be funny and coherent plot wise. However, one of the thing that impresses me the most about it is the voice acting. Almost all the voices are done by creator Lanipator and he manages to match the English voice cast so perfectly, I had trouble believing it was all done by the same person.


So those are some abridged series I recommend for a good laugh. Any more you think belong on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment