Saturday, August 16, 2014

RE: Will You Still Watch and Enjoy Anime as You Grow Older?


Caught you off guard, didn't I.
This is a response to an article written by Marow @Anime Viking

  Will you still watch and enjoy anime as you grow older? Tough question. But before I answer it, I think its necesarily to make something clear. This question is not built on the idea that anime is childish and one is bound to outgrow it as they become more mature. With anime like Gantz and Ghost in the Shell , that notion is simply laughable. What were talking about here is whether you will still find anime interesting in the future. Being the fickle person that I am, I can honestly say that one day I probably won't. In fact, it's happened a couple times before. There's been periods of my life where after coming across a consecutive stream of really bads titles, I just gave up on anime  entirely. But the thing is, I've always been one to jump around from hobby to hobby; the random items lying all around my house are proof of that. And when I look at my old tennis racket, or water color paints, or collection of polka music, its almost weird to think that these things were at one time my favorite things in the world. Sometimes, reminscing can renite the spark I used to feel motivating me to pick back up where I left of. This has been the case for all my previous breaks from the anime world.
Pokemon: The first anime show I ever watched

    But I can't help but believe that one day I'll just be completely over it (after to all I'm not playing at the Wimbledon, I'm not creating master pieces for galleries around the world, and...well that polka music thing was a joke). One day, reminscing will do nothing more but allow me to appreciate fond memories. And even though it's sad to think about now, its stands to reason that, eventually, I won't care. It will just become another period of my life. But what really matters is that anime is something that makes me happy now. And that's enough to bring me peace of mind and let the future unfold as it will.


Believe IT! (omg I'm so lameXD)

No comments:

Post a Comment